Considered as one of the most useful and healthiest natural superfood, this plant adds a health supplement to a variety of menus. Arugula is also known as rocket. The Arugula microgreen is flavourful with a peppery taste. The leaf is similar to the oak leaf. It is a great source of folic acid, iron, copper and a variety of minerals and vitamins A,C,and K.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ARUGULA:
Boost for bone and brain health
Reduce risk of cancer
Boosts healthy bones
Good for healthy skin
Improves mineral absorption
Helps keep body hydrated
Activates the immune system
Beneficial for weight management
Lowers blood pressure
Protects the aging brain and cognitive decline
Reduces the amount of oxygen needed during exercise and enhance athletic performance.
To reap the health benefits, consume them immediately after harvesting them to prevent loss of nutritional value after harvest. The longer the time gap between harvesting and delivery, the more nutrients the harvested vegetables will lose. That’s why consuming them right away is recommended.
- Arugula has such a wonderful peppery bite flavour that is best suited for savoury dishes.
- Intended for raw preparations, especially as a side for an extra layer of flavour and texture.
- Exceptional favourite topping on a freshly grilled hamburger
- Best left undressed, added only at the final stage of finishing dishes such as burgers, pasta, soups,salads, omelettes, or vegetable plates.
- They can also be sprinkled over boiled potatoes and served as a side dish.
- The delicate leaves will wilt if exposed to prolonged heat and do not stand up to heavy dressings or sauces.
- Pairs well with cheeses such as parmesan,feta,chèvre,blue cheese,gorgonzola,and pecans,avocado,balsamic vinegar,lemon,mint,cucumber,tomato,olives,garlic,beets,fennel,pears,grapes,prosciutto,
and roast beef.
Arugula benefits many special parts of your body! The best in Concentrated fresh nutrition!
- Arugula microgreens are great for keeping your bones strong and healthy. That's because it contains about the same quantity of calcium as spinach, bite for bite. Unlike spinach, it has lower amounts of oxalates, which can prevent your body from fully absorbing the calcium.
- The fiber content helps clean out the colon promoting healthy bowel movements. Thephytochemicals, antioxidants and essential minerals found in arugula help cleanse out toxins in the body. Arugula is high in most B vitamins but contains especially high amounts of folate.
Nine MORE Benefits ......
- Cancer fighting super food
- Rich in chlorophyll
- Hydrating leafy green
- Good for bone health
- Helps reduce inflammation in the body
- Cleanses and detoxifies the body
- Protects the aging brain from cognitive decline
- weight loss
Rich in vitamins A, B, C, and E, as well as calcium, iron, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, and essential amino acids. Arugula microgreens contain up to 25% protein!
DID YOU KNOW?
Part of a typical Roman meal was to offer a salad of greens, frequently Arugula, romaine, chicory, mallow and lavender and seasoned with a "cheese sauce for lettuce". Arugula seed has been used as an ingredient in aphrodisiac concoctions dating back to the first century, AD.
Rocket or arugula is an edible annual plant in the family Brassicaceae used as a leaf vegetable for its fresh, tart, bitter, and peppery flavour. Other common names include garden rocket, and eruca. It is also called "ruchetta", "rucola", "rucoli", "rugula", "colewort", and "roquette".
Comes in our all organic growing medium that has been grown with distilled water! We up cycle and reuse our BPA free, reusable and recyclable containers as well as encourage composting of our organic growing medium!
Bring back your container for your discount on your next order! If you do not compost or have a friend then we will be more than happy to do the honours! We encourage composting and reusing as a way to protect our earth!
We can do this together!