~Organic Sunflower Shoots
A complete plant protein. Sunflower shoots contain all of the essential amino acids as well as iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, copper, and phosphorous. They are particularly high in zinc which has all manner of benefits including a boost to the immune system and digestive regularity.
- Boost your fertility: contain high amounts of zinc. Zinc is a well-researched mineral that is essential for the development of sperm, which is why it is especially important for men.
- Sunflower microgreen are high in B vitamins, especially folate: Folate (or folic acid) is a necessary B vitamin for pregnant women, needed to ensure proper development of the baby’s nervous system. The combination of B vitamins also assists in the mother’s circulation as well as aids in stress relief.
- Boost your antioxidant capacity :contain high amounts of vitamin E. Vitamin E works synergistically with vitamin C and selenium to reduce blood pressure, increase the elasticity of arteries and prevent heart disease.
- The sunflower microgreen is a natural expectorant for chest congestion: In Ayurvedic medicine, these sprouts are thought to have the ability to encourage clearance of the lungs. Natural expectorants may also be used as a preventative measure against lower respiratory infections to deter the invasion of pathogens.
- Sunflower microgreens are a great vegetarian source of protein: Protein is well known for its ability to repair muscle tissue and aid in enzymatic functions in the body. But protein is also important in bone development and the prevention of osteoporosis, as it acts as the fundamental framework for the development of the bone matrix and continues to support bone strength throughout life.
A nutritional powerhouse packed with vitamins A, B complex, D, and E; they also contain minerals including calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
Scientists see microgreens as a functional food, which means that they can provide key nutrients in a practical way.
- Sunflower microgreens go great on a wide variety of dishes including soups, salads, omelettes and scrambled eggs, as well as sandwiches and wraps.
- Adding sunflower microgreens to your smoothie or juice is a great way to add some extra nutrition, as well as a bit of nutty flavour.
To reap the health benefits, consume them immediately after harvesting them to prevent loss of nutritional value after harvest. The longer the time gap between harvesting and delivery, the more nutrients the harvested vegetables will lose. That’s why consuming them right away is recommended.
Urban farmed in containers that are BPA safe, reusable, recyclable, and
food safe containers.
Our containers offer over 6 servings. We price match.
Due to a varied variety of the size of seed, germination rate, offering the nutritional and freshness benefits of living, exact weight of the greens weight is unavailable.
If you require an exact weight of a certain variety we would then have to harvest your order day of delivery.